COVID-19: Confidence in uncertain times
If you’re considering building a home, you’ll certainly be wondering how the latest developments in COVID-19 affect your decisions. We’d like to update you on how ABN Group are equipped to continue to deliver the dream of home ownership.
Each of our brands are in the fortunate position to have the backing and scale of the ABN Group.
- Financial strength – strong cash flow underpinning our day-to-day operations, giving you piece of mind
- Group buying power – our scale gives you confidence supply issues will not unduly delay the completion of your home
- Local, scalable suppliers
Building a home is a big decision, and ABN Group are best placed to keep your build on track.
We’re open for business, just through private appointments
Our display homes will remain open, for private appointments only and will be a zero contact experience. This will ensure the wellbeing of our staff and the public. We have hand sanitizers throughout and are taking extra steps to ensure the cleanliness of our homes with daily cleaning and sterilisation.
For those that are home-bound, we have Display Home virtual tours of our Display Homes, or we’re happy to organise a Video appointment with a new home consultant.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are your display homes still open?
Our Display Homes will be open by appointment only, and we have implemented new protection measures:
- Our New Homes Consultants will follow physical social distancing measures, while still providing you with excellent customer service
- Display home tours will be limited to one group per home to maintain a safe social distance in line with government advice
- Pre-screening process for customers who attend display homes without a confirmed appointment in place
- Increased hygiene measures including hand sanitisers and frequent cleaning schedules
All New Homes Consultants are available to meet with you remotely via FaceTime, Skype, Zoom or Teams. Simply contact your consultant to arrange a suitable contact method. Should you wish to experience a display home from the comfort of your own home, virtual tours of our homes are now available for your convenience .
I am worried about my job security and ability to secure finance, what happens if I cannot obtain finance?
Understandably during these times some concerns will arise, and your personal circumstances can change. Please contact with your Prestart Consultant to discuss further.
My Appointments (Contract, Colour Section and Electrical) are coming up, am I able to still attend head office?
Our head offices remain open, we are dedicated and focused on our customers and staff’s safety, and we have implemented additional protection measures which include:
- Regular professional cleans through the day
- Hand sanitising stations for your use
- Pre-screening process for customers attending the office
- Our staff demonstrate a strict no contact policy – just exceptional customer service
If I need to change an appointment will I be charged?
No. We understand this is a stressful time and therefore we will not be charging or implementing our usual cancellation fee given current circumstances.
I do not want to demolish my house if I am told later that there will be delays, as I’ll have nowhere to live.
Once your land is clear, you will begin the preconstruction phase, which we allow approximately 12 weeks to complete. We will be completing your plans by adding in your selections, obtaining permits and ordering your material – which is also found in your what to expect guide. If you have questions please contact your Prestart Consultant as they will be able to assist.
What impact will COVID-19 have on construction of my home?
We have been closely working with our suppliers to ensure products coming out of COVID-19 impacted countries are available and will not unduly delay the completion of our customers’ homes. Currently there are no known material supply issues. We will continue to monitor our supply chain daily and will notify you immediately should the situation change and impact the completion of your home.
I’ve heard some building companies aren’t starting any more builds – is there a supplier issue?
We are 100% business as usual and have contacted our supply chain to ensure our jobs will not be affected. Our original timeframes for completion have not been impacted, however we are required to follow Government restrictions. Should restrictions impact our build timeframes, we will update our customers. Please contact your Client Liaison Coordinator with any further concerns.