Dale Alcock: thought leader & industry spokesperson
Given his vast construction industry experience spanning more than three decades, it’s no surprise that Dale is often asked to provide expert media commentary on a wide range of topics. Below is a list of the most common subject matter requests.
Perth forecasts – where to from here?
- Housing price forecast
- The core driver of demand (population), the credit environment and consumer sentiment = volume of future development in Perth.
- RBA interest rate – when to expect an interest rate movement and the good news story.
- WA’s economy – driving business and consumer sentiment.
- 800,000 new homes needed in Perth and Peel regions by 2050 to meet the projected population increase – where will these be built and what will this look like?
- The challenge of balancing the need for increased urban expansion against greater densification of the city.
WA vs. East Coast – different stages of the house cycle
- What is the WA property cycle in comparison to the eastern states.
- Why Sydney centric commentary on property does not apply to WA consumers.
- ABN Group’s experience building homes in Perth and Melbourne.
First home buyers
- How we keep the dream of homeownership a reality.
- New innovative products that can support the homebuyer on their journey to buying a home.
- Why now really is the time to buy a home in Perth.
- Intergenerational housing
- The importance of providing housing choice in the city and suburbs
A unique State – WA’s positives
- What is the future vision for Perth? Perth is home to more than 2 million people and this is anticipated to grow to 3.5 million by 2050.
- WA is Australia’s most affordable capital city for housing and has been rated as one of the best in the world to live (Mercer Quality of Living City Ranking).
- First Home Buyers have never been in a better position to buy a home.
- Growth in mining will take pressure off job insecurity, directly and indirectly with the flow on effect.
- McGowan Government commitment to grow economy with strong investment in job-creating infrastructure.
Government policy and initiatives
- Builder’s perspective on the Banking Royal Commission and impact on home buyers.
- Accessing superannuation to buy property.
- Foreign Owner Duty Tax – how has this new surcharge impacted economy.
- The crucial role of the State Government’s Keystart to stimulate first home buyers.
- How is the building industry guided by government frameworks to meet the needs of future growth?
- State and federal election and budget analysis from a Perth and Melbourne residential builder perspective.
Investing in the next generation of trades
- ABN Group is Australia’s largest and most successful apprenticeship training program for building and
- Training building apprentices: why more private companies should do it & what this means for the future.
Giving back to the community
A subject close to Dale’s heart, the Alcock Family Foundation (launched in 2006 as the ABN Foundation) has donated more than $9.1 million to worthy causes, both close to home and overseas.
Please follow Dale on Twitter or complete the media query form below.