Dale Alcock: thought leader & industry spokesperson
Given his vast construction industry experience spanning more than three decades, it’s no surprise that Dale is often asked to provide expert media commentary on a wide range of topics. Below is a list of the most common subject matter requests.
Perth & WA forecasts – where to from here?
- Housing forecast – WA housing activity driving economic outlook in 2022
- Demand for housing influenced by COVID: the WA border and its link to housing activity
- WA and Perth as the world’s safe-haven and a beacon for economic recovery
- New housing, established homes and the rental market – exploring the intricacies
- WA’s economy – driving business and consumer sentiment
- The impact of an historic low interest rate environment and available finance on housing demand.
- Investor activity – eastern states interest in WA housing
WA vs. eastern states – different stages of the house cycle
- The WA property cycle in comparison to the eastern states
- Why Sydney-centric commentary on property does not apply to WA consumers
- ABN Group’s experience building homes in Perth and Melbourne
Keeping new homes on track
- Skilled labour shortages in WA and the way ahead
- Strong demand for land slowed by development delays
- Supply chain disruption issues and their impact on the building industry
- From port to site: local supply chain issues and their impact on the average Perth home builder
- New innovative products that can support the homebuyer on their journey to building a home
- How ABN Group works to keep the dream of homeownership a reality
Home design & location trends
- The impact of COVID-19 on new home designs
- Fit for purpose: socio-economic factors and their impact on new home design – e.g. FIFO workforce, an ageing population, immigration, intergenerational living
- The challenge of balancing the need for increased urban expansion with greater densification of the city
- The importance of providing housing choice in the city and suburbs
Government policy and initiatives
- How is the building industry guided by government frameworks to meet the needs of future growth?
- Housing affordability and social housing – home ownership for all
- How Government building grants grow economic activity – ROI for all Australians
- State and federal election and budget analysis from a Perth and Melbourne residential builder perspective
Investing in the next generation of trades
- ABN Group is Australia’s largest and most successful apprenticeship training program for building and construction trades
- Training building apprentices: why more private companies should do it & what this means for the future
- Trades for all: supporting women, mature age, and minority groups achieve career goals
Giving back to the community
A subject close to Dale’s heart, the Alcock Family Foundation (launched in 2006 as the ABN Foundation) has donated more than $9.5 million to worthy causes, both close to home and overseas.
Please complete the media query form below if you have an enquiry.