Dale Alcock - Managing Director of the ABN Group
Dale Alcock is a third generation builder, who commenced his career as an apprentice bricklayer in 1979, in the small Wheatbelt town of Kellerberrin. Under the direction of his father, Dennis, Dale learned practical skills that would stay with him for life. The sort of hands-on skills you’d expect to develop when you spend every day on the tools. But more importantly, he gained valuable tactical knowledge and experience that would shape his career. (And ultimately the future of Australia’s building industry.)
In 1987, Dale moved to Perth and became a registered builder. Soon after that, he joined partners, Garry Brown-Neaves and John Webb, to launch Dale Alcock Homes. Although a significant enterprise in its own right, Dale Alcock Homes was only the start. Expanding from this foundation, Dale went on to establish what would become one of Australia’s leading construction, property and finance companies: the ABN Group.
Dale purchased Garry Brown-Neaves' share of the ABN Group in 2016. This brought an end to a very successful chapter in the Group's history and signalled the start of a new and exciting phase.
Today, the ABN Group is comprised of 20+ companies and has built more than 65,000 homes across Western Australia and Victoria. Importantly, Dale still plays an active role at Dale Alcock Homes, as Managing Director, in addition to his duties as Managing Director and owner of the ABN Group.
Dale is also an avid believer in the social responsibility of his companies. He provides valuable support to industry training programs and promotes career opportunities within the building industry. Through the Alcock Family Foundation, over the last 10 years more than $8.1 million has been donated to many worthy causes, including medical research, relief work and the environment.
Other career highlights for Dale Alcock include:
- Housing Industry Association Ron Seares Citation Award (2016)
- Ernst & Young Western Region champion of Entrepreneurship (2015)
- Western Australian of the Year Finalist, Business & Community (2013)
- Ernst & Young Western Region Entrepreneur of the Year Winner for Industry (2012)
- Australian of the Year Nomination (2012)
- MBA Robert Law Award (2008)
- National HIA Sir Phillip Lynch Award (2005) in recognition of outstanding service to the Australian Housing Industry
- Ernst & Young Western Australian Entrepreneur of the Year Award (2001)
- President of the Housing Industry Association (HIA) (1997-1999)
Dale is also regarded as a thought leader and industry spokesperson - find out more.
Dale on Google+